Wiltshire Treehouse could not run without volunteers.
We have a wide range of activities volunteers can get involved with.
What we can offer
If you are interested in working with children and young people coping with bereavement then we can offer:
- high quality training, both in-house and through our partnership with the national charity CBUK (Child Bereavement UK)
- on-going support and professional supervision
- a friendly supportive environment in which to do very rewarding and much needed work, supporting children and young people in need
- the chance to develop new skills
We run training regularly so get in touch to find out what is involved.
Our training has been tried and tested over many decades of working in the field. It is also supported by our own experience of running bereavement support groups, historically at the Great Western Hospital and now in the wider community. You are in safe hands and so are the families we are working with.
What you can offer
Time, energy, patience, empathy and compassion.
Skills which may include:
- Working with children and young people face to face, 1:1 or in group settings
- Developing publicity by producing brochures, posters, booklets
- Looking after a stall for us at an event
- Fundraising through sponsorship or organising events
- Baking... or lending a hand in ways we haven’t thought of yet.
Please get in touch for more information about our volunteer recruitment process. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our volunteer recruitment drive is ongoing. We would very much like to hear from you if you have worked in the field of bereavement and understand the complexity of this journey and have spare time to commit to this cause. Please contact email@example.com