VOLUNTEER TRUSTEE ROLES
Following a period of growth and development Wiltshire Treehouse are moving into a new phase. We continue to provide our mission to a high standard but are ready to take the next steps. We seek passionate and dedicated individuals to join our board of Trustees that will help steer the charity on our journey.
Working with a small but fantastic team of paid staff and skilled Trustees, you will help move the charity forward, whilst ensuring we remain true to our mission. Each of our Trustees take on an active role within the organisation, with responsibility for a key area of knowledge, expertise, and experience, be that IT, Safeguarding, marketing etc. Meetings take place every 6 weeks and can be attended in person or virtually, with a commitment to attend over 80% of meetings held within the year. You must also be willing to attend at least 2 in-person events, supporting our fundraising and community engagement events throughout the year. In addition, there will be an induction process, where you can observe our work with children and families and meet our directors, ensuring you are fully briefed within our organisational aims, methods, and ethos.
We have a variety of positions available from those with a business/corporate or charitable background. Whilst the board has a team of dedicated volunteers, we particularly seek the following areas of expertise: (Please note: You do not need to be able to fulfil all elements within the role to make an application)
PR Marketing & Fundraising: You may be a fundraiser for a charity or manage fundraising as part of your corporate social responsibility. Perhaps you come from a marketing background? If you are energetic, can think outside the box and have the time and passion to help drive our charities fundraising efforts, we want you to:
- Energise volunteers and trustees to undertake or oversee a coordinated range of community fundraising initiatives. - Work with our Business Director, develop and implement the marketing plan for Wiltshire Treehouse.
- Assist the charity with introduction to potential corporate sponsorships and support.
Service Delivery Support: Are you an experienced service director, headteacher, charity director or similar from a private or local authority provider? We seek an experienced and knowledgeable individual to help:
- Line manage Service Director by providing supervision and appraisal within the year.
- Provide guidance to service development and charity growth.
- Working with our directors to assist with service evaluation and quality assurance of the organisation.
IT & Cyber Security: Do you have a passion for computer technology, are you a guru when it comes to applications or operating systems? We seek a professional individual to support the charity within IT, data protection and to ensure we are following best practice within cyber security. Can you help us with the following:
- Advice and guidance as to best practice within IT and cyber security.
- IT support, help with managing best set-up of laptops, ad hoc throughout the year.
- Working with our directors to ensure our policy and practice is reflective of current best practice.
Volunteer Trustee Role Descriptions.pdf
Flow chart: Journey to becoming a Wiltshire Treehouse Trustee.pdf
You can find out more about what being a Trustee requires, or to check you are eligible, please see: Charity trustee: what’s involved (CC3a) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you would like to learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruitment pack.